Howdy from Georgia, 56 F100 Panel

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic111327.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By F100 Spence - 10 Years Ago
I just ran across this forum and I think it's great to see all the great info and help on these engines.

I'm trying to put a 1956 Panel Truck back together from a box of parts the previous owner was collecting over the decades. I believe I've got a 272 ci and T-98 4 speed. When I first bought it, I was planning a late model motor and updated suspension and all that jazz, but I think it would be nice to just fix up what I've got with only a few minor upgrades here and there. 

I picked the truck up 4-5 years ago and had to put it up in storage to take an assignment in Germany. I'm back now and trying to sort through the parts and get a restoration plan together. Active duty Air Force, 16 years. I'd really like to have it on the streets before I hit the button for retirement.

I'm looking forward to picking your brains for Y-block knowledge and wisdom. 
Spence

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/dec6c074-402c-4a09-824f-49fc.jpg

By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
Nice project and glad you decided to stay Y-Block. You have found the perfect site for your passion almost any Y related problem has been discussed and solved here. Our Guru's range from concourse to drags and even a couple of land speed record cars. We are such an open site that we can overlook the active duty Air Farce Smile (retired U.S. Army) and welcome you to the site. We have some members in your general area too. We also have a meet each year Labor day weekend in Columbus, Ohio that serves as much a social/parts hunt and drag race outing for us all. Love to see you there. Check out the links page for a listing of everything from who can do it to modern speed equipment for Y's. Chuck
PS, Fort Gordon? Are you there to dump perfectly good soldiers out of airplanes?
By Glen Henderson - 10 Years Ago
Welcome to the site, looks like a great project. I am in your general area (just south of Montgomery AL) if you need anything. By the way think you for your service, ret Army MSG, married to a ret Army SFC, and the dad of a current Army Captain.
By F100 Spence - 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the warm welcome Gents.

Lots of Army green here. Thank you all for your service as well!

I'll put the Columbus date on the calendar.
By Ted - 10 Years Ago
Welcome to the site.  Looks like a great project and you’ll be more than pleased with what can be done with the Y engine in regards to durability and performance.  Be sure to keep us posted in regards to your progress.
By pegleg - 10 Years Ago
Welcome from the Navy side of this. MM2 SS submarine service. Wouldn't want you to think we're all Land lubbers!