Missed or lost issue?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic111102.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By PF Arcand - 10 Years Ago
Sorry to bother, but I can't find or recall if I ever received Y-Block magazine, issue # 124, Sept-Oct 2014. Can somebody take a quick look & tell me what was on the cover?. That might confirm for me whether I ever received it or not.. Thanks.  
By NoShortcuts - 10 Years Ago
Angled picture from the driver's side front fender (by headlight) toward the opposite corner of the engine compartment (by antennae) of a blue '56 'Bird engine compartment... chrome oil fill tube... Mummert aluminum intake manifold... late model Holley carburetor with an aftermarket polished aluminum (?) oval air cleaner with ribs on the top and the white paper filter element showing... polished 'Bird valve covers, brilliant Ford red engine block and valley pan... red(?) spark plug wires... no power steering pump showing... 

Hope this helps, Paul.

On a similar note, I'm missing an issue myself. I thought my renewal was AFTER receiving the July/August issue, but I never received it.  I got connected back-up with Bruce, but have yet to order my missing issue.  Hehe
Charlie: Thanks for the good description..but still not sure if I ever saw it?  There's been some mail thefts in this area, but I'll search some more, before I contact Bruce Young & order another copy. My subscription is still good, so that's not the problem. Unfortunately, my memory may be the problem, one way or another...   
By Ted - 10 Years Ago
While Charlie’s description of the cover is a good one, nothing beats a picture so try this.
 http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c2305c4-9811-40eb-af39-fe71.jpg
 Issue #124 had the article on what took place in the YBlock camp at the 2014 Bonneville so maybe that will help to jog your memory.
Ted: Thanks for the photo.. that seals it, I've not received my issue. One of  the articles listed on the cover is mine. Surprisingingly, it must have just met the deadline for publishing. And while my memory is bad, I definately haven't read it in the magazine.   
By lyonroad - 10 Years Ago
Paul, I got my copy.  You can come over and read it if you want, and have some Christmas goodies too!

Mark
Mark: Thanks, I may take you up on that offer.. In the mean time, I've e mailed Bruce Young & he is checking to see if it was mailed out. With Christmas mail  & the fact that there has been mail thefts in the area, anythings possible.