ADDING POWER STEERING TO 272 C.I.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic111077.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By sgte5drm - 10 Years Ago
I HAVE A 1955 FORD CUSTOMLINE THAT IS A TWIN TO MY FIRST CAR. I'M MUCH OLDER NOW AND WOULD LOVE TO ADD POWER STEERING TO MY 272 Y BLOCK. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO START. I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND WOULD BE HIRING ALL WORK DONE BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN ACQUIRING THE NECESSARY PARTS. ANY HELP WOULD BE TRULY APPRECIATED.
By Talkwrench - 10 Years Ago
I believe there is now available a complete kit for 55 -56. Hang on and Im sure Rick  [Rick55] will add a link. He was talking about it when I saw him at one of our last meetings.

By DryLakesRacer - 10 Years Ago

This gentleman offers the complete P/S set up for the 55-57 Ford cars www.fordrestorationandparts.com  

I am waiting for some parts from him. It's not inexpensive but is supposed to be every stock part for these years.Good luck

By 56_Fairlane - 10 Years Ago
For a whopping $2250. Manual steering seems good enough at that price.
By carl - 10 Years Ago
sgte5drm (12/14/2014)
I HAVE A 1955 FORD CUSTOMLINE THAT IS A TWIN TO MY FIRST CAR. I'M MUCH OLDER NOW AND WOULD LOVE TO ADD POWER STEERING TO MY 272 Y BLOCK. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO START. I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND WOULD BE HIRING ALL WORK DONE BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN ACQUIRING THE NECESSARY PARTS. ANY HELP WOULD BE TRULY APPRECIATED.
I probably can come up with just about all the parts to add power steering to your 55 Ford,both the pump and control valves will need seal kits.send me a pm if you are interested  Carl

I CERTAINLY WOULD BE INTERESTED. ANY IDEA WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE? WHERE AND HOW WOULD BE BEST WAY TO SHIP TO LACROSSE WI?  
By carl - 10 Years Ago
sgte5drm (12/17/2014)
I CERTAINLY WOULD BE INTERESTED. ANY IDEA WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE? WHERE AND HOW WOULD BE BEST WAY TO SHIP TO LACROSSE WI?  
I will send you a pm with more details  Carl

THANKS CARL. I WILL WATCH FOR IT. DENNIS
By carl - 10 Years Ago
sgte5drm (12/17/2014)
THANKS CARL. I WILL WATCH FOR IT. DENNIS
  PM sent

carl, nothing came through for the power steering infomation. DENNIS
By carl - 10 Years Ago
sgte5drm (12/19/2014)
carl, nothing came through for the power steering infomation. DENNIS
  Dennis  you can contact me at my e mail   cl56vic@yahoo.com  Carl

CARL, I AM NOT ABLE TO CONNECT. CAN YOU CONTACT ME VIA PHONE @(608) 498-6194? THANKS, DENNIS