1957 Ford Custom Tudor Supercharged.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic107552.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By lovefordgalaxie - 10 Years Ago
Got your attention huh?
This one is one of my "builds" of my favorite car of the 1950s, the '57 Ford. The only detail, is that it was built from a Revell kit, and is in 1/25 scale!!
Painted her in Inca Gold, and that is a difficult color to take pictures of...

By paul2748 - 10 Years Ago
neat
By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
Very nice build. You have a real touch.

By slumlord444 - 10 Years Ago
Neat! I prefer it in black. Still looking for a nice real one that I can afford. 
By texasmark1 - 10 Years Ago
WOW, son...

you've got skills as the kids say these days!

I've had many of the models shown in your slide show, but not built with the realism of yours!

about the only way to make spark plug wires in my day was to use some of Mom's sewing thread and it wasn't very realistic.

thank you for sharing!

Mark
By Ted - 10 Years Ago

If you hadn’t said this was a model, I would have simply thought that ’57 Tudor was the real thing.  Being turned on its side to see the underside though would have been a clue that something was amiss though.  That is some great attention to detail.  Thanks for sharing.

slumlord444 (9/10/2014)
Neat! I prefer it in black. Still looking for a nice real one that I can afford. 

In black you said?
Does it has to be a Custom Tudor?

Thank you a lot folks!!
Really love them '57 Fords. FORD some reason I always thought this car to have perfect body lines, no matter the version.

I have this ongoing project, of building one in each color Ford offered them in 1957.

Here is the "Gunmetal Gray" version, that I built with a "used car" underside:

1957 Ford Custom Tudor by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

1957 Ford Custom Tudor by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

And here is the "Coral Sand" version, with optional white walls.

By Y block Billy - 10 Years Ago
Fantastic job! I built a lot of models when I was a kid, sure wish I still had them.
By Meandean - 10 Years Ago
By Meandean - 10 Years Ago
Sorry about the double post, but it took about 30 minutes for me to get the photo posted above.

That's my brother's 57 Custom;  next to my 55 Fairlane - at a local drive in.  It's been in the family (grandparent's car) since brand new.  Started life as a 223 6 cylinder with 3 Speed w/OD.   Still has the OD but now has a 390FE under the hood.  Not supercharged either, LOL.  

The car once was 1/2 mine from 1974-1979, but had to sell it to baby brother to make it through college.  He did it up right, even if he didn't fit it with the Y-Block.
By ian57tbird - 10 Years Ago
WOW, very impressive, especially the print on the door trims and seats. Depth of field on some of the other photos would have given it away for me. For the close up photos I would do the smallest aperture and long exposures on a tripod and a cable release, then I think you would have everyone believing they were real.