site problems

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic103595.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Hoosier Hurricane - 10 Years Ago
On a whim, I tried the site again.  It came up in a completely different format than the one I was having trouble with.  I was able to view all the topics instead of seeing one or two and then getting error messages.  This is my attempt to post, hope it works.

John

By Rono - 10 Years Ago
John;

I am happy to say that you are back with us! I for one am very happy about that. Tongue

Rono
By Ted - 10 Years Ago
John.  Good to see you back on the site.  There are still some problems with the new software and those problems are being communicated to the appropriate persons.  The lack of picture posting on my end is a show stopper and will be glad to see that issue resolved.
By NoShortcuts - 10 Years Ago

I'll second Ron and Ted's statements, John.  I'm very glad that you were able to get back on and to post.

The nature of software seems to be that it has a life-cycle.  For one reason or another (server changes, hacker corruption of software, software program capacity capability, whatever) updates (patches) to software or entire program changes seem to become required.

Every time a change has been necessary it has caused some Forum members to struggle or ultimately to get 'lost'.  Since the last software change, I sense that a number of our Forum member regulars are not with us.  NOT good!

The“Y-Blocks Forever’ web site is great, but it’s really the knowledgeable participants like you, John, that make it informative and invaluable.  You, and your willingness to share what you’ve learned through years of experience working on this stuff.

Related information regarding changes to our web site…

Last week in this same section (This-n-That), in the thread ‘new old member..I guess…’, Brian_B posted the following:

“…I come over here to start reading again..and my whole account was gone. My posts in some of the threads are gone. Looks weird where people were talking to me in them.”

In my reply to Brian I wrote in part:

“After one software change, I recall an effort to remove dormant Forum member accounts.  In doing that, I'm not sure that anyone realized that the thread inputs from those accounts would be purged as well.  From what you've reported, taking the member name out of our roster ALSO deleted what they had written!  OUCH! “

I’m no computer guru… a user at best.  The only thing that has kept me going through our site changes has been a computer program that was installed at Best Buy by their ‘Geek Squad’. Norton 360 fends off the viruses and whatever and I manually activate it periodically to ‘clean’ the system.  This apparently purges a bunch of stuff (like cookies?) because all of my previously saved Internet addresses have to be re-entered afterwards to include my email account address and addresses like ‘y-blocks-forever forum’.

Again, glad that you persevered and are back on, John!  Smile 
By charliemccraney - 10 Years Ago
Welcome back!
By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
Geez John, you had us worried for a bit. Glad you got it working again. With the new software there have been a few bugs that seem to be getting worked out. Hopefully all will be 100% soon. The question is, are you 100% again? Chuck
By jonnireb - 10 Years Ago
Trying to post again.
By jonnireb - 10 Years Ago
Heyy 11 ,
Can' believe it. I'm actually on again!